Friday, October 25, 2013

El marcat dels encants

I have always loved this market...well, always being relative, I didn't even know it existed for most of my life, but since we've been here I adore it.  That doesn't mean I go all that often, but there it is....

I adore it.

They've been building it a new location for a while and it has been entrancing to watch go up, you see it is a most unusual building, which I have to say I love too.  It is receiving some criticism cause the rain comes in a lot, but as the last one had no roof at all, it seems something of an improvement.

After going to the Hospital de Sant Pau, the market...one architectural end to another....


The photos aren't the clearest, but there are three levels of stalls, all with this beautiful flying wings of a ceiling overhead.

Love it.....

Reminded me of Anish Kapoor's Cloud Gate in Chicago


Really like it....though I wouldn't eat there...pretentious, expensive, poor service, stupid seating and generally meh....go over to the Farineria on the other side of the circle for a good cheap menu in a surprisingly nice spot...especially if it's a sunny day!

3 comments:

thecatalanway said...

you are getting around! Well done.....I can't wait till the foot is better and I can follow your footsteps to this market and to Hospital Pau and to see the trees in Montseny.Kx

oreneta said...

You are getting gradually better though, aren't you!???

Hope so!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a similar mirror ceiling that they put in Marseille... :) http://www.mp2013.fr/le-territoire/villes-en-mutations/le-vieux-port/