Saturday, April 4, 2009

Free day in London with the kids!!!


Sweet sweet lovely day.

Except that youngest decided to wake up at 5:30 am...ugh...but I got a nap in so life can't be anything but good!

We went and walked around Regent's park, what a whole lot of flowers! It was just lovely hanging out with my folks and my kids for the day...we even rowed a boat!



Now I have to figure out how to ship an uncured painting back to BCN with me...



That is the (so far) final image, as you can see, I am still struggling with the hand which I appear to have made worse. Some advice should be ignored.

Maybe I'll look at some more paintings tomorrow...or not....we'll see.....went to the Gerhard Richter exhibit while we were here...it was pretty good, though some of the stuff I really didn't like at all....the man can certainly paint anyway.

OH! The painting teacher talked about a scotch egg as something I had to try while I was here, having never heard of one, so we went into Waitrose and picked a pair up...along with some cornish pasties. If you are ever buying them, the ones with cheese in are much better.




Eldest took the photos of the flower and the bird...credit where credit is due!

9 comments:

Beth said...

London, painting, friends, family - all wonderful!
(The scotch egg? Not so much...)

contemporary themes said...

Sounds like a lovely time!

And I love the painting and would not even have noticed the hand!

Tell Eldest that I love her photos.

J.G. said...

What a great getaway you are having! Lucky you!

Helen said...

Scotch eggs - over rated I always think. But a good Cornish pasty is lovely, thr trouble is most of them aren't good. Ho hum.

The painting is looking good. It is really good that you are getting time to develop your own talent too. And have fun in the park with kids = I like the duck particularly

Boo and Trev said...

Scotch eggs are nasty. Dodgy egg dodgy sausuage meat wrapped in weird stuff. Artistic people have strange tastes!
The painting looks excellent.

Beth said...

Eldest took brilliant photos. Got some ofmom's talent, I guess.

The scotch egg scared me.

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Some great photos in this post. I've never had a scotch egg either, but they never really appealed to me. My new crocs are comfortable but since they have considerably less material on the top as the traditional crocs, and since they are still a bit floppy, they just feel a little loose. Which is good in sandals, I think. Of course, I haven't had much opportunity to wear them much here. Another month perhaps...

oreneta said...

Beth, it was all wonderful. Nice to be back to the Spanish sun too.

She, eldest may read it, if not, I'll tell her for sure, she'll be delighted!

JG, lucky me indeed. I do recognise that...it is lovely.

Helen, the pasties with cheese were better, have to admit I wasn't mad about the scotch egg...kind of a weird concept.

Boo, can't trust those artsies!

Beth, she is pretty cool if I say so myself.

Bodhi, loose sandals are good....as longas you aren't late for the bus ;-)

Anonymous said...

She's great with the camera!