On another note. We had (another) meeting with the architect and a builder.
Man what a roller coaster this whole thing is. Mostly we've been headed down, but signs of lift appear.
Both details and large changes were discussed, somewhat confusingly at times, but I think we are all in agreement on the broad plans. Things about this are very good. We will have more space in the terrace up top that we thought we would, which is EXCELLENT...the washing machine will not be as separated as maybe it could be, but that's OK. The design for the dining room has altered somewhat....and it looks like we might be able to get bathrooms!!! WOOT!!!!
I got happy about bathrooms.
I was OK about the dining room changes.
I was very happy about saving 2500 Euros by painting myself
I was happy they think we can reuse the front door.
I was confused by the terrace plan, and then I was happy indeed.
I was not the least bit happy by the time frame. For a while it looked like 9 months. I thought I would die on the spot. I actually considered selling up and walking away from it all. OH MY GOD!
Revised to San Joan, July 24th. Let me tell you, we'll be moving that day, finished or not. I can work with that. He didn't promise that every last detail would be done, but we'd be done enough to move in.
That made me happier.
Gave the go ahead for the next stage. That left me heaving a sigh of relief. When the man and I want to make a decision, it takes us about 3.6 seconds. (plus time thinking before hand). We make good ones too.
The man will have to do the move alone. That I simply cannot imagine. We'll have to get some kind of help....good LORD! Packing to go to TO this summer will take on a whole new meaning. Do you know how hot it is here in July? BRUTAL.
At least I won't have to do repairs on the house in TO at the same time. That'll be a pleasant change.
Numbers were bandied about, the number of guys working was mentioned.
This is good.
Still a lot of decisions to be made. Progress. Ho hum.
The numbers look much more reasonable and doable. We have talked to the bank and it looks like it will be manageable from their end.
If we could just START already.....
Maybe I should set the dog on them. He'd hump them into action. No?