Nona our friend's dog was over this morning, which is fine, until she threw up.
That was a little nastier. Fortunately Eldest got her off the couch before anything vile happened there.
Here's the thing though. I have been feeling fairly terrible every time I use bleach for the last very long time and now we have run out. That said, a certain amount of disinfectant is necessary in this life, and when faced with this mess an, ahhh, unusual idea struck me. A couple of years ago someone gifted the man with a bottle of really cheap and terrible Spanish made whisky. It has never been opened, till this morning.
Have you ever washed your floor with whisky?
It leaves a nice shine behind when it's done, evaporates away, not sticky and much better for the marine world than bleach.
What guests will think about the left-over smell is another issue. Good to keep the dogs out of it till it's dry too, no?