Monday, July 13, 2009

Back to regular programming...

Hello everyone!

Monday morning and all seems to be fairly well. That is indeed, a good thing.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend, we hung out at the boat and got a little bit done and a bunch of napping which was absolutely lovely.

I do want to know though, why is it that so much asian food seems so much more like food. We went for Vietnamese Phò last night, man I love that stuff. It is a meal that totally agrees with the food guide, it is lovely and light and flavourful and not greasy....

So very very good.

Oh, now I am all hungry again.

I also want to know what it is about driving that makes me so crazy. I HATE driving. Hate it. hate it hate it hateit.

Anyone else out there?

Can I also add that teenagers can be hilariously harsh.

HARSH!

Happy thoughts going out to you all, be glad you're healthy!

Life is good,

Have a great one,

O

7 comments:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I'm so glad you're feeling more like yourself. Isn't is funny how you crave certain things after you've been ill?

Angel said...

oh Rocky, I hate driving too. it;s the OTHER people on the road that I hate....no one can drive!!!!! Just give me an empty road and I'd be happy...

glad you feel good!

Beth said...

I'm glad you're perking up in a big way.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, Original Pho is not so "not greasy" at all. Vietnamese food is full of fat. Though my mother uses lean ingredients for it, and after she's done the soup, lets it cool down so that the fat solidifies and she can remove it as well. Then it's not greasy anymore ;).

And for the driving, I absolutely love driving. I hate drivers, though. :D

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Sounds like you are on the mend. Yes, health is almost everything. At least without it, it is hard to enjoy much at all. Our weather just east of you is horrible. Cold, rainy, windy. Very un-July like of it.

J.G. said...

Glad you are back up to par . . . or at least feeling good enough to eat and rant a little. :-)

Reminds me of an old cartoon I have around here somewhere:

Husband is getting out of the car with a big frown on his face. Wife, also getting out of the car, says to the neighbor, "Larry took me on a scenic drive. We saw three morons and an idiot."

oreneta said...

Hula, you do that to, huh...like our bodies know what they need.....mmmmmmmm.

Beth, I have to admit that even on an empty road, I am not loving driving, but it would be a whole lot better.

ElP, maybe I wasn''t clear...some pho is greasy, but it is an oily greasy rather than a fat meaty greasy...I am not sure I can explain it properly, but it doesn't feel heavy the way some food does....any clearer?

Bodhi, the weather here has been not exactly seasonal....but with the garbage strike....not so bad.

JG, love the cartoon...that was my morning....though less printable.