Saturday, October 24, 2009

Getting local

It helped that I slept in until 10 am, though I was still a just a little cranky from time to time.

I've been having fun with the mac, you see, though we bought it last week, we didn't get it till Friday this week.  Sort of a long story, but it has been fun playing with it.

We are back to movie night as the new computer plays films, and the sound is better.  It was (no surprise) delivered with a Spanish keyboard.  Fine, I am reasonably used to that, the only thing was that inside, it thought it was a Canadian keyboard.  That meant that many of the keys didn't correspond to what they did. So, I would press shift + 8 to get what I thought was ( but I would get something completely different.

It got better when I figured out what the problem was, I just typed by habit....but for anyone else it was a big fat head psyche.  We can now switch back and forth between keyboard commands at the click of a button.....and we have accents, which is excellent.

What else?  Youngest had a basketball game, which they lost...ah well, and we got the food delivered for the Halloween party, now I have to get candy by the cart load.

Tomorrow, work on the house, and clean it!

Don't tell me my life isn't fun-  Barcelona....I remember there was a place called that.  Time to go and visit again I think.

Cheers,

O

4 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like you’ve become a Mac convert. Pricier than PCs but – to me – well worth the extra $$.
And your life does sound fun – a little crankiness is normal when you live life at warp speed!

Helen said...

I like the fish.

Boo and Trev said...

I love that picture. It's like a Japanese print

oreneta said...

Beth, by and large yes, I like the Mac, some things I really like. Some things not so much. I photo sucks badly, and drag and dropping everything into a pop-up toolbar...meh..not so excited....I'll figure it out though at some point.

Helen, So did I!

Boo and Trev...thanks!