Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My latest pastime.....

I went over to the house the other day to knock some of the plaster off the ceiling and see what we have under there as far as the vaulted ceilings go.

Not as pretty as I had hoped they might be, but nice and we will expose it all in the end. 

This is the sort of work that requires no skill, rather, persistence and shoulder muscles.

Expensive to pay someone else to do, a pain to do yourself...

Good for working out aggressions though.

I may be over there periodically knocking plaster off....kind of like beating on a punching bag and peeling a sunburn all at the same time.


7 comments:

Beth said...

Not only therapeutic but practical & well worth it in the end. A win-win endeavour for you!

Beth said...

What an epic task! You are going to develop some major shoulder and arm muscles!

I'm sure it will look great when you're done. I SO love authentic architectural details!

Anonymous said...

Have you bought some turtle-neck t-shirts to stay comfortable in the process? GM

Helen said...

Are you going to leave the brickwork showing?

hooray said...

ooooh! I love peeling a sunburn! And getting out aggressions and being productive sounds good to me!

Lynda said...

Lordy, and I thought I was doing a power workout painting ceilings at the moment...you win!

oreneta said...

Beth, I think so...and I may just have some pipes by the time I'm done....

Beth...we'll see what happens, and if I keep it up...maybe I need some good frustration to get me going.

GM...or I could just go with a really loose shirt so it goes in the top and out the bottom...

Helen, that is the plan at this point.

She, there is something inherently interesting (in a sick kind of way) about peeling sunburns.

Lynda, anything over your head is a work out...goodness.