Monday, January 30, 2012

back to the real world

My sister and her family were here for the weekend, and it was wonderful.  Now we're back to real life...kids sick at home, work, blah blah blah...though I have to say that the real world ain't all that bad.  A nap, lovely food, a walk in the mountains (Youngest just accused me of bragging, maybe she's right.)

Either way, here's hoping you're having a good Monday.

.....later......much later.......

can I just say that I am sick and tired of being good and going to bed at a sensible time so that I don't get ill when all around me are failing?  Know what?  I really really want to stay up half the night and paint.

Not go to bed.

Wonder if they could pretend I don't exist tomorrow and I can just go up there and work.

6 comments:

thecatalanway said...

Hey Do IT!!
If people are sick they can sleep a few hours longer.
If you have time to sleep tomorrow morning then you can afford to paint all night.
Chuck will enjoy having an early hours walk and pee before you go to bed and will leave you in peace to recover.
Look forward to hearing what happens...love from a mischief maker xxx

oreneta said...

I know what you mean, but I'm paid by the hour, if I'm sick, I don't earn. If I don't earn, we don't eat. Math is simple sometimes, so sleep wins. Sucks, but there it is.

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Maybe declare a mental health day. Although I get the "don't work, don't get paid" thang as that is my case as well. Yes, do keep going to be early, store your fuel to stoke that creative fire when the danger has passed. Riley is home sick today too. Fortunately it fell on one of my work at home days, unfortunately that also means no studio time...Yes, kids and small spaces - must be the wolf in them!e

oreneta said...

Kids and studios, hard mix, no? Hope Riley is feeling better soon.

J.G. said...

I had the same sort of weekend. "Reality" can be such a drag when you return to it . . .

oreneta said...

ain't that the truth!