Sunday, January 22, 2012

Oh frabjulous day!

Up at 6am!!!  and it was a maaaaarvelous day!

We walked for 5 hours, Catalan timing......started walking a little before 8 am, had esmorza at about 10, and went on till 2:30.....we couldn't figure out why they were all going so fast at the end, and then came to the (accurate) conclusion that we were the only ones who had packed any lunch, and they all hoped to be back in time to eat at home!  Normally at around 3pm, and they were HUNGRY!!!!

We did about 20K

and it was wonderful.  Exactly what I needed.  Good climbing, good descending and quite a bit of flat at the end.  Liked the climbing best.

Here's a few random picks.  The camera seems to be over-exposing these days, can no longer manage the Spanish sun, I may have to look into this a bit.....

Here you go though...






Like the graffiti?


2 comments:

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Sweet! I wish I could say I was having trouble managing the Spanish sun... 20K??!!! Oh my goodness. We skiied today - probably only about 4 or 5 K but I am feeling it. An epsom salt bath and early bed over here under the, er, Canadian sun ( or moon ).

oreneta said...

I love walking...love it. We did come to the conclusion though that the man would find it easier to run 20K than to walk it. Sounds weird, but as he put it, he's not meant for walking and was decidedly uncomfortable by the end. Skiing is a delight. I do miss it. Cross country that is, I've never found downhill compelling somehow.