Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hello, my name is.....

I think I have talked myself into the level three class for Catalan...guarded hoorays....

and a thanks to my Mom.

You see, my Mom (I don´t care if that is supposed to be lower case or not, I think Moms and Dads deserve the upper case everytime.) anyway, my Mom gifted me with a special ability. I don´t think she did this on purpose, but for my entire life I was never ever ever on the list. I would go the the first day of school, the first day of camp, whatever, and I would be certain that my name would not be there and they would have no idea whatsoever who I was or why I was there. This was easier to handle when I was younger as they certainly were not going to send a minor out on the street simply because their name isn´t on the list, but fortunately the situation persisted long enough that I can now talk my way into almost any course or camp or group I need to. Darn useful too.

I may be on probation with this class though, which isn´t so good as my linguistic gifts are not quite as advanced. I´ve been studying away so I don´t make too much of a weiner out of myself on Wednesday morning.

Cross your fingers for me, m´kay?

7 comments:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Fingers crossed. Interesting, I did the upper case thing on my post for yesterday, too...for the same reason. How freaky is that?

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's a good skill to have. I always seemed to find my name on lists I didn't want to be on . . . like Friday detention at school - so I had to work on my negotiating skills to get me OFF the list. Works both ways I think.

Good luck with the new course

*crossing fingers*

Anonymous said...

crossing fingers and toes for you :)

Angel said...

fingers are crossed and I doubt you will be a weiner.....

oreneta said...

Hula...great minds, no? I think they deserve it, don't you?

Trish, you and I complement each other, what a team we'd make! Thanks for the crossed fingers..

LP, can I get a photo of the crossed toes? I've posted one here once of a friend's toes all crossed up...

Beth, thanks for the vote, I seem to have held my own so far, at least I am not as far behind as I was last time.....

Anonymous said...

I hope you did well.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at your talent!! Perhaps some of it can run off on me... LOL You'll do great!