Saturday, February 23, 2008

MNAC


HEY! I'm on line! It keeps coming and going so I will post while I can, I may not be able to visit though....


We went to MNAC, the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya....what a fantastic place! I got an annual membership for fourteen Euros!!!! That is the main hall you can see at the top there...

You're going to be hearing a whole lot more about that place! Wow! We saw a fair amount of medieval church art, but also some others which were frankly fascinating, I want to go back and check out the more modern works, they have a permanent photo section and there is also an exhibition of the drawings by Rusiñol..a Catalan artist, who truly isn't that much of a giant, but is highly influential here, so interesting. The main hall of the building is amazing...




This is a photo youngest took of the organ, a close up so to speak....can you imagine the sound of that when it really gets going in that space! Gotta hear that one day.

Finally, here's another reminder of spring. The almonds are done, and we are on to cherries and oranges, need I mention just how amazing orange flowers smell?


Happy weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it does look fabulous. We have a grand organ in our Windspear Centre and it sounds great, so I imagine that would would be just awesome. Oh, I do look forward to spring.

elPadawan said...

14 euros is really cheap :). And I'll have to wait until may to get the cherries blossoming in TO... Different weather ;)

Hula Girl at Heart said...

What a fabulous place!! Thanks for sharing..in case I never get there.

oreneta said...

Dawn, I love your photos of the softening snow, those warmer days as the snow rounds out and slides off are so tremendously hopefull...do they have maple trees out there? I love going to the woods in one of the parks where they do sugaring off and going round and tasting it and seeing it being collected.

elPadawan, that is something you SHOULD do while you are in TO, go to the Kortright (sp?) center North of TO when it is time for sugaring off, it is a lovely walk in the woods, and they do it both the old fashioned way, and the new, then you can have some fairly dreadful pancakes with some very delicious syrop...I'll copy the comment to your blog so you see it!

Hula girl, one of these days...what do you have near you?