A man drove by me today and he was in a nice car, not a bad looking man, in a suit and well groomed. I saw him for maybe a second and a half. Maybe.
He looked like a complete sleaze ball. You know the kind, the one with the bad pick-up line who preys on the slightly drunk really unhappy girl. He's got (old) condoms, and maybe a dose of date rape drug in his wallet, damp hands and wears a gold chain.
You know the ones I mean?
But here's the rub...
I'm trying to nail down exactly what it is that makes some guys look like such scuz and others look great.
What is it though...
Here's what I can pick out for me...
* It is NOT the cut of the suit.
* Slicked back hair...often but not always
* There is a dangerous level of undone buttons...too low and you're in scum-land.
* Heavy necklaces and any gold bracelet is the kiss of death (usually).
* Some smiles, but I cannot nail down why some are so obsequious and disgusting....
* Stubble, but this can also be attractive...
* Generally darker blue shirts look scuzzy.
* Goaties...not always, but.....
* Sideburns. Well, these never look good but they don't always look like the warning sign for half-wit mysoginists either.
Some men also swing back and forth; some guys normally look quite respectable, then one day they put on a certain suit, or comb their hair a certain way and you get that shudder response.
So, I think we all know who sets our radar screeching...but but but but
Something I've been pondering for a bit....thought I'd throw it out there.