Saturday, January 31, 2009

OMG! Now I know

J.G. over at the Hotch Pot Cafe is doing a themed read for the month of February, and I have been pondering my theme...and now I have it!

My theme is:

*drum roll*

All the books I got on Friday!!!!!

No kidding!

LOOK:



Not only did all these books arrive from Amazon (plus one more that didn't make the picture) and Thank you everyone for the Amazon money...what a great gift!

Hold on though, two of those books were surprise books also arrived all in the same day!

These two books,



Sea Glass by Anita Shrive and The Female Brain by Louanne Brizendine came as wonderful gifts from the fabulous Beth at Books Etc. (though I always think of you as Booksbeth, go figure)

Thank you Beth! That is so so so kind of you, and I am so looking forward to reading them...they look utterly fascinating.

4 comments:

Beth said...

What a haul! And what a coincidence they all arrived on the same day. You're set for a few weeks...
And, hey, what goes around, comes around...
Enjoy!

Cheers,
Booksbeth

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Wow! I love getting a load like that! I see a lot by Lisa See. I loved Snowflower and the Secret Fan but I heard Peony in Love was awful. I had no idea she had written so many more. I'll have to look in the library. Let me know what you think, I'm always looking for new titles too. I just finished The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society, terrific. I found the last one you mentioned (something about a train?) and it's second on my list now - did you like it? Sea Glass was good, a little different than her usual offerings. The Female Brain, oddly enough, I've read too. You seem set for a few weeks now.

J.G. said...

Awesome. I'm so glad you are in. Be sure and sign up to make it official on caribousmom.com (87 people so far).

Caribou just passed away, and there's a beautiful tribute to her on there, too. So sad.

oreneta said...

Booksbeth, it was quite a red letter day, I have started Sea Glass already, the title is so very very tempting....

Bodhi, odd, I really liked Peony in Love. It was quite different than Snowflower, but I would not have said it was terrible at all, you should read it and give it a chance. I quite liked it. The other Lisa See books are mysteries that she has written based in China, and I suspect will not be as good, nor as richly detailed, but they came highly recommended by a friend whose taste and intellect I respect tremendously so I am giving them a go....You don't mention what you thought of the Female Brain. I'm like a kid in a candy store now, I think I have five books I am reading at once. Agh!

JG, signed up..thanks. Sad to hear that Caribou died. I think I was number 89.