Sunday, April 7, 2019

This country is flaaaaatttt

And there are some really looooong straight roads.

You really could watch your dog run away for three days, except he'd fall in a ditch or a canal long before that.

It's a beautiful place and the sky is huge and the sightlines are enormous, but man, I miss a mountain, a winding trail, a hill to climb.  The feeling of your legs working and the concentratiin of running down a technical hill.  Here it's one heel strike after another. 

And I am just not mentally tough enough for a road that just disappears as a dead straight line into the horizon.  Oooof.

Now, give me a corner or a curve, and I'll always want to see what's round it and go on and on and on.  The man? Tough as nails.  Just sets the pace and goes and goes.

I'm a kindergartener.  How much loooooonger????!!!!!!!


No comments: