Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Roller coaster...hmmm, com es diu en català??

Latest news.....well, earlier news. 

Two dropped out of the team, one altogether and the other to be part time support. 

Then one of the new ones said that he doesn't really want to try and raise money.

I nearly cried.

Les noticies....dos han donat la baixa, un completament, l'altre per ser suport per un part dels temps.

Llavors, un dels nous m'ha dit que no li ve de gust buscant diners.

Estava a la punt de plorar.

Then this evening people got keen, started returning calls, started calling me....and I am feeling hopeful again.  Even the man, best husband in the world (at least for me!) even offered to walk....and he SO does not want to.  He can more happily and comfortably run 20K than walk it, he just blisters up....

Però aquesta tarda els altres participants han començat de fer una mica d'esforç, han començat de tornar trucades, i de trucar-me.....un altre cop, tinc esperança.  Fins i tot l'Home, el millor marit del món (per a mi!) m'ha dit que ho farà, i NO vol fer ho, gens ni mica.  Pot córrer 20K més content que caminar-ho....les ampolles que surtin!!!!

We meet tomorrow night, and I have hopes that MAYBE we can sign up...MAYBE!!!

Ens trobem demà a la tarde, i espero que puguim inscriure-nos. Potser!!!!

5 comments:

thecatalanway said...

Oh I hope you manage to pull it together. what a knife edge. But better for people to be honest and upfront about their capabilities and wishes now, than cause problems later. and now the weather is playing silly buggers so more plans may change. Nothing is certain but uncertainty:)
Kate x

Vancouver Isle Doug said...

So, what can you tell me about living in Spain? My other half is already tired of our cold spring and told me to look online for a house near Barcelona. Yeah, if only! But, I know you are around there so I thought I'd check with you. Cost of living high? Employment still crappy? Any thoughts would be appreciated. And a winning lottery ticket. you can e-mail me if you wish.

elpadawan said...

Oh no :(. I hope things will turn out well and you'll manage to build up the team. Then, for the fundraising, it's just gonna be a bit harder with one less raiser, but that doesn't mean it'll be impossible, right?

Beth said...

So many ups and downs - no wonder you almost cried. (I probably would have.)
Fingers crossed...

oreneta said...

Kate! It was so lovely to see you!!!! Still waiting to see what happens.......

Doug, OH my goodness.....houses are expensive, food is cheap(er) and very good. There's lots of sunshine, though I don't know how much warmer it is....a lot drier, that I can say for sure.....bureaucracy is a big fat hassle, that's for sure. Then there's the language issues.....but I really like it here a lot.

ElP, now looking like fewer fundraisers still.....

Beth..thank YOU!