Thursday, August 2, 2007

gifts....

Late late at night after I walked the dog I put up all THREE posts I wanted to do yesterday...what is up with that...a little fragmented over here clearly...

I also wanted to say though that lovely Beth...had gifts! Isn't she nice? I can't say I was so organised, but she gave me a copy of The Ladies Lending Library, which she reviewed here As I finish off book six, regretfully not in time to borrow book seven which is heading to a cottage for the month with a friend, this has filled a gap that gapes open before me waiting to be filled by book seven...the other book I am working up to reading is Hard Laughter by Ann Lamott.

Tomorrow my husband arrives...I am so so so so .....happy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to comment on all your last posts on this ... so was that the first time you had three-dollar coffee? Doesn't taste that much better than the $1 variety, does it?

And great that you met BookBeth. Even greater that she brought gifts! What a person!

robkroese said...

Hi, Oreneta! I'm just stopping by from Beth's. Isn't she sweet?

Boo and Trev said...

Good heavens we will never get to talk about book 7. Actually, there was a guy on TV who went to queue for book 7 in London at midnight on the day of release. Apparently, as they were queueing drunks kept walking past and shouting out various characters who had died (wrongly as it happens). Eventually a 10 year old in the queue waved his fist at them and went "Expelliarmus" to a general round of applause!

Beth said...

Husband's arrival!
He will be greeted with big hugs - and relief.
Help is on the way...


(Note to Diesel - More of this sweet stuff???)

Anonymous said...

Books make the best gifts.

....and I bet it was cool inside that Starbucks too!

oreneta said...

DD: It was cool to meet up with Beth....and the coffee wasn't any better...

Diesel: Thanks for dropping by, I'll go check out your site...having met Beth, I am not sure I would use sweet, kind yes, strong, yes, interesting and intelligent, all yes, but she is much zippier than sweet.

Boo: You may have to go ahead without me, just warn me of spoilers...kids are the best aren't they.

Beth: Nailed that one down tight...see above about sweet, it is not the adjective I would chose after the whole one visit we had....

Trish: Books are the best, and yes it was cool, as in AC, but I wasn't that inspired.