Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The rom and the city in Pics...

We went off to the Royal Ontario Museum today, to look at an exhibit, but also to gape at the new building....

What do you think?




Some chairs inside, they are pretty cold to sit in, and you slide slowly out. There seems to be some kind of audio-painting in this area as well.



A friend's desert at lunch in the ROM, a strawberry taster....it was certainly pretty.



I had this chocolate blueberry job, very tasty....



The food there was excellent, though there wasn't over much of it...

Here we were at the island this evening.....so you get a look at the city scape at night.



And a shot of the full moon on the water....there was an eclipse early this morning, but we missed it, darn it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

THOSE ARE CHAIRS??? You have to sit on THOSE THINGS???? What kind of butts do people in Ontario have, anyway??

Man, those things look scary.

Beth said...

I'm actually not too keen on the new part of the ROM - but I'll get used to it.
Your desserts? Of course they were skimpy - you were served "works of art," not people portions. (That drives me crazy...)

Helen said...

Chairs? Who has an angled bottom? Art is lovely, but I don't think pudding should be artistic to the point where less is more. Less is NOT more when discussing puddings. Enough is enough is a better philosophy. Lovely building outside though

oreneta said...

DD: They were actually more comfy than they look, although cold...although cold is frankly welcome right now. Though the slipperiness is a bit unfriendly

Beth: I like some of the spaces inside and I think the ROM needed something dramatic to get the tourists back, they were looking stodgy and outdated....that said, we'll see how it holds up, and it is far from finished. It certainly is dramatic anyway.

Helen: I know what you mean, and Beth for that matter, but it really did taste fantastic. I went to Jaime Kennedy earlier this week, he's a local big stink in the cooking world, and the proportions were bigger, as in I was good and full by the end, but it was very uneven. Some of the food was, well, I would have been embarassed to serve it at a dinner party. Too salty and I had an open-faced sandwich, the bread was painfully dry...

So, a little that is astonishingly good is sometimes better than a lot of mediocrity....as long as you can fill up later.