Sunday, August 19, 2007

Here's pics..

Long lovely day, and then a long late night once we got home, so here's some pictures instead.


This is an ancient portage route, and is in fact a good deal older than the sign says as that only dates from the French, but Voyageurs would have come this way.

Yummy,


Pumpkin pie made by the man, a very good pie maker. Mmmmmmmm.


The pond at a friend's place we visited, youngest and a friend swam today, eldest was too sick still.


A picture by youngest that I liked a bunch, we saw humming birds, and gold finches, a turkey vulture, we caught a toad, and saw a swallow tail butterfly, and a caterpillar.


I love the contrast in the tree colours.

Then we were spoiled and we went for dinner at another friend's house. We weren't the bet guests, one child was sick, and the dog ate the brie, and a bag of crackers. Sheesh. They were very nice though...extremely gracious and we had a lovely time. Good company. Gracies J and M.

Here's the portraits from the evening, minus eldest's, she was napping on the couch...






A lovely day, that finished off with sewing....urgh.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Great portraits!
(Makes my incognito shot pretty blatant.)

Angel said...

great pictures Orenenta! and the fruit looks soooo good. and the pond!!! Man, I wish I had that in my back yard.

kate said...

Great pics! Beautiful scenery, too.

Jocelyn said...

Listen, it's noon here, and I can't take looking at those photos of food.

Glad you gave me feet to distract myself.

oreneta said...

Oooops, sorry everyone for not responding....

Beth: Yeah, we stay a little further in the shadows it seems.

Beth: It's a pretty nice back yard I must say....

Kate:Thanks, Ontario can be kind of pretty too...

Jocelyn: I try to provide a balance....

Joanne Vive la Fr said...

FEET!!!!! I'm also still taking feet pics - love it - and those are GREAT shoes you've got there! Tell eldest I hope she feels better soon :-( Are they finished camp yet?